Pingtung County Government
Dapeng Bay National Scenic Area Administration, Tourism Bureau, MOTC
Taiwan Triathlon Co. Ltd.
DHL, DVTT Doctor Voice Triathlon Association, Giant, Liv, DT Swiss, ABOVE, BETO, Theragun, Hoka One One, CENTUPLE, SYB Shenyang Bicycle, ZOOT, MAOBAO, Hisamitsu
Date & Venue
Saturday, 4 December & Sunday, 5 December
Dapeng Bay Coastal Park
- TriTry: 13 years + on race day
- LAVAKIDS: 6-12 years on race day
- 5KM Triathlon / 50.3KM Triathlon / 53KM Duathlon: 15 years + on race day
- All the participants have to be in good physical condition to meet the demands of the
- Under 18 Waiver Agreement >> Download
- LAVAKIDS Waiver Agreement >> Download
** The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event schedule at any time. Any changes will be posted on the LAVA Taiwan Triathlon Facebook fan page and the Official Website. It is the participant’s responsibility to keep themselves informed as to any changes may affect his/her itinerary.
Distances and Cut-Off Times (Cut-off time is measured from the athlete’s personal start time. Unable to reach this cut-off time will be deemed to DNF (Did Not Finish).
Prizes & Awards
** Those unable to pick up trophies during the aforementioned awards ceremony times please fill out the Athlete Inquiry Form for shipping arrangement. It is the athlete’s responsibility to pay for shipping fee. All awards will only be retained within one week after the event.
1. Saturday, 4 December | Try Tri
TryTri Swim Course 0.75KM (Dapeng Bay Marina @ Sailboat Base)
TryTri Duathlon First Run Course 3KM, using the cycling route on Dapeng Bay Loop Road
TryTri Triathlon / Duathlon Bike Course 20KM
Transition Area > Ride this route in a counter-clockwise direction > Make a U-turn under Dapeng Bay Bridge > Ride along bay side in a clockwise direction > Transition Area
TryTri Triathlon / Duathlon Run Course 5KM
Using the cycling route on Dapeng Bay Loop Road
2. Saturday, 4 December | LAVAKIDS
3. Sunday, 5 December | 51.5KM / 50.3KM / 53KM Triathlon & Duathlon
51.5KM Triathlon Individual / Relay Swim Course 1.5KM
To ensure athletes swimming in a safe environment, the swim course is designed to be a T-shaped.
3KM Triathlon Individual Swim Course 0.3KM at SailBoat Area
53KM Duathlon Individual First Run Course 3KM:
Using the cycling route on Dapeng Bay Loop Road
51.5KM Triathlon / 50.3KM Triathlon / 53KM Duathlon Bike Course 40KM
Transition Area (Parking Lot in front of Dapeng Bay Marina) > Dapeng Bay Loop Road > Highway 3 to North (Dapeng Bay Ramp) > Get off Nanzhou Exit and Return from B Point > Nanzhou Ramp Go South to Dapeng Bay Ramp > Return from C Point at Dapeng Bay Loop Road > Dapeng Bay Ramp to North > Get off Nanzhou Exit and Return > Nanzhou Ramp Go South to Dapeng Bay Ramp > Return from C Point at Dapeng Bay Loop Road > Dapeng Bay Loop Road Roundabout A point > Transition Area (Parking Lot in front of Dapeng Bay Marina)
51.5KM Triathlon/50.3KM Triathlon/53KM Duathlon Run Course 10K:
Transition Area (Parking Lot in front of Dapeng Bay Marina) > Nanping Lane > Tu Chia Tsuo Embankment > Dapeng Bay Bridge > Return from Dapeng Bay Loop Road > Finish Line (Dapeng Bay Marina)
(The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the race course at any time. Any changes will be posted on the LAVA Taiwan Triathlon Facebook fan page and the Official Website. It is the participant’s responsibility to keep themselves informed.)
- 5KM Triathlon / 53KM Duathlon Individual age groups are divided into 12 Male and 11 Female groups according to gender and age. Athletes’ age group is determined by his / her age on December 31st in the year of competition.
- 3KM Triathlon are divided into 1 Male and 1 Female groups, 2 groups in total.
- 5KM Triathlon Relay Teams are divided into Male, Female, and Mixed teams.
- TryTri Triathlon / Duathlon Individual age groups are divided into 8 Male and 7 Female groups according to gender and age. Athletes’ age group is determined by his / her age on December 31st in the year of competition.
- LAVAKIDS age groups are divided into 2 Male and 2 Female groups according to gender and age.
51.5KM Triathlon / 53KM Duathlon Individual:
51.5KM Triathlon Relay:
TryTri Triathlon / Duathlon:
Registration may be closed prior to the deadline if maximum capacities are reached.
Group prices are applied to individual registrations (51.5KM Triathlon / 50.3KM Triathlon / 53KM Duathlon / TryTri Triathlon / TryTri Duathlon / LAVAKIDS)
The group prices are only available for a group with 15 individual registrations or more. For more information please refer to the ‘Group Registration Policy’.
** Insurance is included in the entry fees – accidental injury NT$1,000,000 and accidental medical NT$100,000.
** Group prices
- Group prices are applied to registrations for individuals (51.5KM Triathlon / 50.3KM Triathlon / 53KM Duathlon / TryTri Triathlon / TryTri Duathlon / LAVAKIDS).
- Special offer
Groups with 30 registrations or more are entitled to a special offer
- A tent for gathering and hosting your group and friends before and/or after the event.
*Space is limited, purchase early to save on registration fees and ensure availability.
- Important Note
- For group prices to be applied correctly, group registrations must be completed at the same time under a single online order. If individuals in a group are registered via different online orders, the group discount will not be applied and the group cannot be merged thereafter.
- Group prices are valid for groups with at least 15 individual registrations. A second order with less than 15 registrations will not be eligible for a group discount.
- Groups can add registrations before the order is complete. Once the order is completed, groups cannot be merged for group prices to be applied.
Dapeng Bay Marina
By Car (Location on Google Map):
- Nat’l Hwy 3 → Exit at the Dapeng Bay Interchange → Dapeng Bay round-the-bay Bikeway.
- Take the THSR to Zuoying Station, continue by Dapeng Bay Liuqiu Route 9127-D to Bayside Wharf stop.
- Take TRA to Linbian Train Station, transfer to Kaohsiung Bus 9117 (to Kenting), get off at Dapeng Bay stop.
Athlete Check-In Notice
T-Shirt Size Chart 2XS-3L
LAVAKIDS T-Shirt Size Chart 6-14
- On-site check-in only: athletes are required check in within the check-in time.
- Check-in Venue: Dapeng Bay Marina
- Check-in Time:
- 14:00-20:00 on Friday, 3 December | All Events
- 10:00-12:00 on Saturday, 4 December | LAVAKIDS
- 10:00-17:00 on Saturday, 4 December | 51.5KM / 50.3KM / 53KM Athletes
- Athletes will be required to present a valid ID document (ID card, driving license, passport, etc.) to check in.
- Proxy check-ins: the proxy must present a valid ID and the race number of the athlete and fill in the proxy declaration form.
- Athlete/ Proxies check in must check the race packs on-site. Any lost items will not be redistributed once they have departed the check-in area.
- Timing chip will be available to pick up during bike check-in.
- Those unable to check in during the aforementioned check-in times will be disqualified.
- A group with more than 15 athletes shall print out the group member list from E-better website and bring “ID Card Photocopy” and athletes’ “Bib Number” to check in.
- Those unable to check in or cancel participation before the start of the event can pick up their race packet at Taiwan Triathlon Co. Ltd within one week after the event. If any delivery assistance is required, the athlete shall be responsible for the delivery fee. Late pickup will not be accepted.
- It is not available to change T-shirt size and quantity if it is wrong information in your registration.
Present your race number to pick up the finisher pack no later than 15:30 on 4 December / 12:00 on 5 December. Finisher packs will be forfeited if participants fail to pick up the finisher pack on time.
- Registration is only available online, please visit http://bao-ming.com to register.
- Prior to the registration process, a careful review of the event rules and regulation is essential. Click the “I agree” checkbox to confirm you accept the terms and conditions in order to complete your registration.
- Registrations are Non-Transferable. Please refer to the ‘Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy’ to apply for a refund and start the registration process over.
- The participants name, event category, and T-shirt size cannot be amended after registration has been completed.
- To ensure for event quality, the number of participants is limited. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- For any questions regarding the online registration, please phone 02-2751-6226 (ext. #9858 or #9813) during office hours (09:30-12:30 & 14:00-18:00 on Mon.-Fri.) or fill out the Athlete Inquiry Form and we will reply you shortly.
- An event transfer fee NT$500 will be charged if an athlete requests to transfer his / her entry to another event.
- If an athlete chooses a race option that costs more than his / her original, he / she will be charged the difference in registration fees and the event transfer fee. There are no refunds for a lower cost race option.
- It is not available to transfer an athlete’s entry to another event if registration is closed prior to the deadline or maximum capacities are reached.
- It is required to submit your event transfer request 45 days before the event date or before the registration deadline.
- Event transfer is only available for individual registrations. Athletes who are registered by collaborated clubs / stores are not entitled for event transfer.
- A transfer from individual to relay or relay to Individual is not allowed.
- If an athlete has withdrawn from the race, he / she is not entitled to a further event transfer.
- Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to transfer, please fill out the Athlete Inquiry Form and provide your registration information. Once the event office receives your request and check the availability, we will reply you the transfer procedures.
Relay Member Swap
- A relay member swapping fee NT$300 will be charged if an athlete requests to change his / her team members.
- It is required to submit your relay member swap request 30 days before the event date.
- Athletes who are registered by collaborated clubs / stores are not entitled for relay member transfer.
- If an athlete has withdrawn from the race, he / she is not entitled to a further relay member swapping.
- Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to swap a relay member, please fill out the Athlete Inquiry Form and provide your registration information. Once the event office receives your request and check the availability, we will reply you the swapping procedures.
- First-time participants are highly suggested to bring a swim buoy.
- The event is conducted in the order of swim, bike, and run. Except for the swim cap and the bib number are provided by the organizer, the rest of the equipment (swimsuits, swim goggles, bikes, helmets, running apparels, etc.) should be athletes’ responsibility to prepare prior to the event.
- Only athletes equipped with a race tattoo sticker/ bike pump sticker/ bib, and race officials will be allowed entry to the start grid. It is strictly forbidden for family members, relatives and friends to enter onto any of the event courses to influence the result of competition
- The use of snorkels, fins, paddles, or flotation devices of any kind is prohibited.
- Wetsuits and swim buoy are allowed in this event. Those who use swim buoy have to be in the last group to enter the water.
- Drafting is illegal in this event. For illegal drafting, the referee’s decision should be final.
- Athletes may not use communication devices of any type, including but not limited to cell phones, smart watches, and two-way radios, in any distractive manner during the race. Cameras, phone cameras, and video cameras are prohibited as well. Using any one of the devices mentioned above during the race will result in disqualification.
- A road bike, time trial bike or triathlon bike are suggested in the race.
- Athletes who are unable to reach the bike checkpoint or complete the bike course before the cut-off time will be deemed to DNF, and will not be allowed to continue the run segment. Cyclists who are still on the bike course after the cut-off time will be collected by the event sag wagon.
- Please follow the cut-off times applied for each individual segment of the race. Detailed information please refer to ‘Distances and Cut-Off Times’.
- Athletes are required to bring health insurance cards.
- To ensure appropriate warm up, all athletes are required to assemble at the designated place as scheduled. Late arrival will be disqualified.
- To prevent harmful incidents, official referees and medical staff have the ultimate and final authority to remove an athlete from the race if the athlete is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race. Athletes cannot raise objections.
- All participants are responsible for ensuring they are medically fit to participate and do not suffer from any of the medical conditions stated below. Competitors suffering from any of the medical conditions stated below are not allowed to participate in this event:
- Congenital or rheumatic heart conditions
- Myocarditis and other heart conditions
- Coronary heart disease, coronary arterial disease
- Serious arrhythmia
- Any other disease which can be aggravated by running
- Littering on any of the event courses is strictly prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid / hydration stations.
- In the event of inclement weather or events beyond the reasonably foreseeable control (Force Majeure), the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event, delay the start of the race, shorten the race, or modify the course. No refunds will be issued if you cannot attend for any reason due to such change.
- All those who participate in the competition authorize the organizers and their partners to the use of their images and their name, for promotional purposes concerning the race and the region hosting the event.
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event at any time, for any reason. Any further announcements or revisions to the event information will be posted on the LAVA Taiwan Triathlon Facebook fan page and the Official Website.
- Organizers reserve the right to change and expand on the rules and regulations. The latest version will be announced in the race briefings.
- For any emergency, please contact the event office +886 2-27516226.
- All timing chips must be returned to volunteers at the finish line. No deposit is required.
- Failure to return the chip will be charged NT$1,000. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the athlete.。
- The athlete will pick up his timing chip during bike check-in.
- Timing chip should be affixed to the athlete’s left ankle during the entire event. Do not remove or cover it to avoid any timing issue.
- Volunteers will collect athletes’ timing chips at finish line.
- If for any reason the athlete decides to withdraw from the race, please return the chip to the event service booth or one of the officials, as withdrawals need to be recorded to ensure safe management.
- It is suggested to affix the chip with the strap provided by the Organizer.
The Organizer has arranged Public Accident Insurance for this event. The general liabilities insures damages caused by “public accidents”. Any liabilities arising directly or indirectly out of athlete’s personal underlying illness including, but not limited to the following conditions are not covered by this insurance policy: (1) Sport-related injuries due to personal illness, (2) Signs and symptoms caused by personal problems or cardiovascular disorders, such as shock, heart disease, heat exhaustion, diabetes, heatstroke, altitude illness, epilepsy, dehydration, etc., (3) Personal illness relapse due to on-site emergency medical treatment, (4) Accidents between athletes.
The Organizer will provide public accident insurance with coverage at NT$5,000,000 for every athlete (all details are subject to the insurance contract of the insurance company).
Public Accidence Insurance Includes：
- The insured shall be liable for compensation due to third party injury, death, or third party’s property damage caused by the following accidents during the insurance period, and the company shall compensate the insured when the compensation request is received. The liability coverage for injury and death is NT$5,000,000 with NT$5,000 deductible. The liabilities shall be included in the category of “public accident”.
- The accident takes place in the “coverage territory” and during the policy period.
- The accident takes place in the buildings, aisles, or machines that the insured’s business is conducted.
- The liability coverage for injury and death is NT$5,000,000 with NT$2,500 deductible. The liabilities shall be included in the category of “public accident”.
- The Organizer will provide public accident insurance with coverage at NT$5,000,000 for every athlete (all details are subject to the insurance contract of the insurance company).
- Special Notice：
- It is recommended that all participants purchase your own personal accident insurance and other relevant insurance according to your needs.
- The Organizer will assist the injured athlete to seek medical treatment and insurance claim. Other compensation will not be provided.
- Athletes are required to bring health insurance cards.
Accidental Insurance Notice
The Organizer has arranged Accident Insurance for each athlete. The general liabilities cover damages caused by “public accidents”. Any liabilities arising directly or indirectly due to an athlete’s personal underlying illness including but not limited to the following conditions are not covered by this insurance policy: (1) Sport-related injuries due to personal illness, (2) Signs and symptoms caused by personal problems or cardiovascular disorders, such as shock, heart disease, heat exhaustion, diabetes, heatstroke, altitude illness, epilepsy, dehydration, etc., (3) Personal illness relapse due to on-site emergency medical treatment, (4) Accidents between athletes.
The Organizer will provide accidental death benefit insurance with coverage at NT$1,000,000 for every athlete (all details are subject to the insurance contract of the insurance company).
<Please make sure your information is accurate and true. The insurance company will not be able to carry out the necessary operations with missing or incorrect information. >
Cancellation and Withdrawal Policy
Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to withdraw, please fill out the Athlete Inquiry Form and the event office will reply shortly. Please note that requests via phone will not be accepted.
- Requests received before the registration deadline of 11:59 pm (GMT+8) – Friday, 15 October 2021 will be eligible for a full refund of the event entry fee by subtracting an administration charge NT$100.
- Requests received within the 7 days after registration deadline of 11:59 pm (GMT+8) – Friday, 22 October 2021 will be eligible for 80% refund of the event entry fee.
- Requests received after 00:00 am (GMT+8) – Saturday, 23 October 2021 will not be eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
- Registrants will be eligible for a 50% refund if events occur beyond reasonably foreseeable control, listed below:
- Inclement weather and man-made disaster (war, terrorism, bomb threats, etc.)
- Traffic disruption
- Mandatory military service and mobilization
- Injured or Pregnancy
- Death of family members or spouse
- For any reason the organizer decides to cancel or postpone the event. Athletes who meet these conditions, please fill out the Athlete Inquiry Form and attach supporting documents.
- It is the athletes’ responsibility to ensure the event office has received their communication. Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to withdraw, must upload his/her name, ID number, email, participating category, and order number to the Athlete Inquiry Form. All requests will be responded to. If you do not receive a response from the event office within 7 days of your request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone +886-22751-6226 (ext. #9858 or #9813).
- Any circumstance beyond the Organizer’s reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of flood, drought, earthquake or other natural / man-made disaster, the outbreak of an epidemic or pandemic…etc., the Organizer has the right to change the event date, charge a service fee, and give participants a partial refund according to the regulation below:
- The organizer does not provide race packets: a 70% refund of the event entry fee
- The organizer provides race packets: a 50% refund of the event entry fee
- The organizer reserves the right to determine the refund application period. The participants have to submit their applications prior to the assigned due date and late submission will not be accepted.
Service time: 09:30 am-12:30 pm and 2:00 pm-6:00 pm, from Monday to Friday (GMT+8).